Life Challenge ideas please?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rosy Pippin

Re: Life Challenge ideas please?

Post by Rosy Pippin »

Loving this post. It sparked a few ideas here. How about cleaning and polishing shoes? Is it too early for ironing clothes? Booking your own hair cut, turning up on time and paying? Volunteering at the library - our local library does a literacy challenge and the smaller children have to talk about the books they have read as part of the challenge over the summer holidays. Litter picking (with gloves etc). Cleaning out pet hutches/bowls etc. Pitch a tent in the back garden and live in it overnight. Taking shoes to the menders. Sewing on missing buttons. Orienteering.
It takes a village to raise a child
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

:)
Last edited by Eccentric on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Ha, the plus side of being a totally slovenly mum and housekeeper is my boys can all polish, iron, cook, clean out animals etc. Well two of them can, the middle son takes after his mum and gets his bruvs to do it for him, although he does polish his own shoes as a trade for footy and rugby boot scrubbing. :evil:
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I have found that girlfriends are a massive incentive to independent living....ds1 has made dinner for everyone and mowed the lawn as a trade off for being driven to girlfriend's house and money for popcorn at the cinema and ds2 has hoovered from top to bottom and jumped on the bus to and from town to meet his. I've had a lovely day picking raspberries and cherries and generally mooching about with the dog!
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

:)
Last edited by Eccentric on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I'm always a little bit in awe of parents who have children who would enjoy an art exhibition....my kids wouldn't find that a fun day out at all! A wildlife park or a watersports centre, yes, but an art exhibition or museum, they wouldn't even try to find mutual dates...I am convinced a cuckoo swapped them at birth and it still amazes me that they made it into GS as they are obviously hugely unsophisticated in their tastes!
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

""