Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:26 pm 

Just started reading a book by a former headteacher and the introductory chapter starts with this quote by Friedrich Nietzsche;

" In large states public education will always be mediocre, for the same reason that in large kitchens the cooking is usually bad "

I find this hilarious but at the same time poignant. Maybe it could start a really healthy, friendly discussion.

I bet the first person to post will name the book!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:38 pm 

YoungSuccess wrote:
Just started reading a book by a former headteacher and the introductory chapter starts with this quote by Friedrich Nietzsche;

" In large states public education will always be mediocre, for the same reason that in large kitchens the cooking is usually bad "

I find this hilarious but at the same time poignant. Maybe it could start a really healthy, friendly discussion.

I bet the first person to post will name the book!

"A water snake glided smoothly up the pool, twisting its periscope head from side to side; and it swam the length of the pool and came to the legs of a motionless heron that stood in the shallows. A silent head and beak lanced down and plucked it out by the head, and the beak swallowed the little snake while its tail waved frantically." :lol: :lol:

Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:49 pm 

quasimodo wrote:

"A water snake glided smoothly up the pool, twisting its periscope head from side to side; and it swam the length of the pool and came to the legs of a motionless heron that stood in the shallows. A silent head and beak lanced down and plucked it out by the head, and the beak swallowed the little snake while its tail waved frantically." :lol: :lol:

Lol - John Steinbeck?