Favourite words

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Re: Favourite words

Post by doodles »

I heard vlog the other day, I assumed ithey meant video blog - horrid word.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Definitely a vote here for 'discombobulated' . Sony must like it as well, since it already seems to be in my phone's predictive text memory. Which is interesting, because the wretched thing flatly refuses to learn to spell my name, causing much merriment when I sign off emails without checking :oops: .

DS2 has a way with words - the tale of Pyramid and Thimble, anyone?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Auotcorrect uncorrects the shortened version of my name, to the name of a drink (non alcoholic).
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Tinkers wrote:Auotcorrect uncorrects the shortened version of my name, to the name of a drink (non alcoholic).
Using the QWERTY keyboard on a previous phone used to change my name to 'Bigot'!!! Absolutely no idea why, given that it doesn't begin with 'B' and the two only have the 'i' in common :roll: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Ha! Just noticed autocorrect didn't manage to autocorrect my misspelling of autocorrect.

:lol: :lol:
doodles

Post by doodles »

I get autocorrected to a large flightless bird with an unpleasant nature!!
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

I taught a girl last year whose first name was a text massage autocorrect of her surname! An unusual and unique name but it suited her.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Blitz wrote:I taught a girl last year whose first name was a text massage autocorrect of her surname! An unusual and unique name but it suited her.
Love it!
um

Post by um »

This reminds me of a poem, 'Pelican', by Celia Warren...you can hear her reading it by clicking on the book on this page: https://celiawarren.wordpress.com/video-poems/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kata girl

Post by Kata girl »

Favourite words today : kerfuffle, bear (the mammal), elegance, schmooze.
A word I dislike at present - used with unfortunate frequency in some meetings where I work 'offline' Let's discuss that offline ie outside the meeting.
Two other favourites used by my late grandfather - proogies for calves and surely as in Aye surely (used for : of course). Ahh memories...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now