Secondary School websites - your views please

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kittymum

Re: Secondary School websites - your views please

Post by kittymum »

I have to be honest I rather like the "new" website at my ds's school (SWBGS) - all the parent stuff is under the parent tab and they put all letters on the website (arranged by year group)
NotEnoughHours

Post by NotEnoughHours »

Possibly just me, but I like there to be photographs of the current staff so that I can put names to faces and identify people, it makes life so much easier at parents evening etc.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I would like links to their facebook pages too so that there was something interesting to talk about atarents' Eve.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

[quote="mystery"]I would like links to their facebook pages too so that there was something interesting to talk about atarents' Eve.[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock:

One of the teachers at DS2's school keeps showing up in the 'People you may know' prompt on my page, though. Weirdly, only this one teacher, although I know that I also have friends (or at least friends of friends) in common with other members of staff at the school.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

mystery wrote:I would like links to their facebook pages too so that there was something interesting to talk about atarents' Eve.
Surely you should just stalk them online and then give them knowing glances to unnerve them at parents' evening? :wink:

It's the teachers on Tinder you need to watch out for!
Webbol

Post by Webbol »

Webbol wrote: I have been impressed with their student support site though. I'll find the link and forward it.
It's http://www.pearltrees.com/studentsupport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . I like what they have done, but going back to my original grumble I suppose it's again another website, making 3! This one has an obvious purpose though.