Joe Sugg/ Username:Evie

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
asdguest

Joe Sugg/ Username:Evie

Post by asdguest »

Hi

Was wondering if any one has any views on this book and its suitability for a twelve year old? I know the author has a big Youtube following (think he is brother of Zoella?) and it is billed as a 'graphic novel', but can't see what age it's aimed at - thinking of getting as Xmas pressie but don't want to get it if inappropriate. Thanks
MedievalBabe

Re: Joe Sugg/ Username:Evie

Post by MedievalBabe »

I got it for my daughter and she was in the car with her friends and they were all discussing it, which version they had. It is definitely one of the it books to have and I was talking to our librarian and she said that there are several graphic novels out there at the moment.

DD says it's really good, it is about a girl who's dad dies who is a computer genius and he had built an online world, she has to live with a cousin she doesn't get on but Evie spends time in this online world, the cousin breaks in and causes problems. They have to work together to solve it and the overall themes are about overcoming death and working together.
asdguest

Post by asdguest »

Thanks for the info - it certainly sounds quite interesting - do you think it would be okay for a twelve year old?
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

DD is 11 and in Y7, so I would say yes.

She is after Zoe Sugg's second book as she has also read the first one Girl Online.
asdguest

Post by asdguest »

Thanks very much MedievalBabe!
Kata girl

Post by Kata girl »

I've bought Joe Sugg/ user name Evie for our 12 yr old DD for Xmas. Had a quick look through it seemed ok...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now