Vive La France

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

IronMikeTyson

Re: Vive La France

Post by IronMikeTyson »

Loss of innocent civilian life is deplorable.

It intrigues me why people in general don't bother to think or research what is happening in the world and why ?

Do people on this forum still think that the Iraq invasion wasn't about oil or was about "weapons of mass destruction" or was it about religion ? Hundreds of thousands of lives were lost because of sanctions on Iraq-no medical supplies allowed in.

Why is there a civil war in Syria ? Why was there one in Libya ?Was it something to do with Religion or Politics ?
"To err is human;to forgive ,divine"
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Yamin151 wrote:At least one of the targetted restaurants was/is owned by muslims.
These people are Extreme Muslims, with a different interpretation of the Koran, the same as the KKK were Extreme Christians with a different interpretation of the Bible. So anyone who does not agree with their interpretation is open to attack.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

BucksBornNBred wrote:
Yamin151 wrote:At least one of the targetted restaurants was/is owned by muslims.
These people are Extreme Muslims, with a different interpretation of the Koran, the same as the KKK were Extreme Christians with a different interpretation of the Bible. So anyone who does not agree with their interpretation is open to attack.
Yes, I know, I was just pointing out the sadness and also the irony that people tar ALL muslims with the extremist brush when its so patently not the case.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Yamin151 wrote:
BucksBornNBred wrote:
Yes, I know, I was just pointing out the sadness and also the irony that people tar ALL muslims with the extremist brush when its so patently not the case.
Sorry - I am too innocent it seems, as I would never think of lumping all people of a religion/race together. But the people you are referring to are also extremists in their own way (though I do forgive my parents' generation their views as they are too old to change their feelings).
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

I think we all know what 'extremists' refers to in this context. Murder-supporting despots?
A whole world away from old fashioned parents.
shakey

Post by shakey »

Yamin151 wrote:
BucksBornNBred wrote:
The real sadness is that moderate Muslims are slowly being detested by the general uk population as a result of these extremists- it really started since 9/11. There is slowly being a divide between the nation: Muslims on one side and the rest of the country on the other. I'm coming across these attitudes amongst people everyday and I'm afraid it's only going to get worse.
You only have to talk to people, read comments in your daily papers, talk shows on tv and radio.
The divide will increase right across the world- it'll not happen tomorrow or next year- it's happening right now. I'm afraid to say the future looks bleak if you're Muslim.
It's time for Muslim leaders to stand up to the plate and denounce extremism now- many people are saying why there is a deafening silence amongst Muslims when these atrocities occur. To the Muslim leaders- speak up now.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Yamin151 wrote:I think we all know what 'extremists' refers to in this context. Murder-supporting despots?
A whole world away from old fashioned parents.
You are twisting my words. I think there are a lot of people now that have "extreme" beliefs just like the "old fashioned parents"; both groups have seen many changes. But I am fairly sure most of them aren't murder-supporting despots or even despot-supporting murderers! I think most people (certainly where I am from) just rub along together as humans whatever their differences.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

shakey wrote:
The real sadness is that moderate Muslims are slowly being detested by the general uk population as a result of these extremists- it really started since 9/11. There is slowly being a divide between the nation: Muslims on one side and the rest of the country on the other. I'm coming across these attitudes amongst people everyday and I'm afraid it's only going to get worse.
You only have to talk to people, read comments in your daily papers, talk shows on tv and radio.
The divide will increase right across the world- it'll not happen tomorrow or next year- it's happening right now. I'm afraid to say the future looks bleak if you're Muslim.
It's time for Muslim leaders to stand up to the plate and denounce extremism now- many people are saying why there is a deafening silence amongst Muslims when these atrocities occur. To the Muslim leaders- speak up now.

What you are saying is giving sustenance to the growing islamaphobia and attempting to justify individuals like the criminal who tried to throw that poor woman dressed in a Burqa in front of an Underground train.

What is a muslim? This is such a complex question and encompasses so many different groups.

Look at some of the countries targeted by ISIL.

Lebanon,Tunisia, Egypt, Iraq,Turkey and Yemen.

No muslim has to come out and confirm there revulsion.They are victims in numerous ways and we do not by our actions need to add to the list.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
IronMikeTyson

Post by IronMikeTyson »

It's time for Muslim leaders to stand up to the plate and denounce extremism now- many people are saying why there is a deafening silence amongst Muslims when these atrocities occur. To the Muslim leaders- speak up now.[/quote]

To the Muslim leaders- speak up now ??
Turkish President did
Afghan President did
Pakistani politicians and leader did
Arab countries did

shakey open your ears and mind.
"To err is human;to forgive ,divine"
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

My children are half Jewish and I support Israel's right to exist in peace and security but how many Jewish people(leaders) speak out against Her illegal "occupation" ?

"a deafening silence"

So why pick on our muslim brothers and sisters?

I repeat, we are stronger together as Europeans.