Merry Christmas

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiffinboys

Merry Christmas

Post by tiffinboys »

Merry Christmas, and A Very Happy New Year to every one.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Eh?! It's only the 13th of December...give us a break! Some of us haven't even started thinking about Christmas yet....!!! :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Merry Christmas TB ! Are you all organised?

I am aiming to be sorted by this Saturday (I'm not quite there :lol: ) as am working until Xmas Eve and won't be able to do any shopping etc etc
Amber

Post by Amber »

I am thinking of starting a one-woman campaign to separate Advent and Christmas and not allow the latter to be used as an excuse for anything at all until 21 December. So that would be nice lights, maybe decorated trees, advent calendars etc from 1-21 December and then Christmas music in shops, on the radio etc, people going for Christmas drinks, serving up nasty apologies for Glühwein, encouraging me to 'get into the Christmas spirit' etc , from 21-26 December inclusive. It seems to work fine in other countries and it would spare me from what I had this morning when I was out in town which was shop after shop manned by people in ridiculous jumpers asking 'what are you doing for Christmas?' against a background of wall to wall Slade, Wizzard and Boney M.
Surferfish

Post by Surferfish »

Nice idea, but if your campaign was ever successful I can only foresee a Wizzard remix.

"Well I wish it could be Advent, everyday..." :wink:
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Surferfish wrote:Nice idea, but if your campaign was ever successful I can only foresee a Wizzard remix.

"Well I wish it could be Advent, everyday..." :wink:
Merry Xmas Tiffinboy,Hermanmunster,Kenyancowgirl,Amber and Surferfish and everyone else.

I don't know about everyone else but I am going to get in the mood as I am going to a office Xmas party with former colleagues tonight after helping out at at my dd's school for an hour.I am getting a lift and no worries about work in the morning.Following a career change and taking some exams and some more to come I am not back at work until the new year.A less stressful career with more normal working hours.

Our tree went up this last weekend and the secret Santa organised and e mails received yesterday.Getting into the Xmas mood.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

If you want a break from Wizzard have a listen to this Christmas song. Richard Osman (off Pointless) was talking about it on the radio yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNvZqpa-7Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I don't want to sound curmudgeonly but having skimmed the first dozen or so comments I'd rather saw off my own leg with a rusty spoon than switch the lappie speaker on so I can actually hear it.
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

It’s actually quite a nice little song about how folk who don’t have faith can still enjoy the simpler things of the Yule/Christmas break by seeing their family and spending a bit of time reconnecting without stress.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Someone sent me this earlier - enjoy!

"NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN:
Please be advised that anyone planning to dash through the snow in a one-horse open sleigh, going over the fields and laughing all the way are required to undergo a full Risk Assessment addressing the safety of open sleighs. This assessment must also consider whether it is appropriate to use only one horse for such a venture, particularly where there are multiple passengers.
Please note that permission must also be obtained in writing from landowners before their fields may be entered.
To avoid offending those not participating in celebrations, we request that laughter is moderate only and not loud enough to be considered a noise nuisance and therefore must not occur after 11pm and before 7am.

Benches, stools and orthopaedic chairs are now available for collection by any shepherds planning or required to watch their flocks at night. While provision has also been made for remote monitoring of flocks by CCTV cameras from a centrally heated shepherd observation hut, all facility users are reminded that an emergency response plan must be submitted to account for known risks to the flocks. The angel of the Lord is additionally reminded that prior to shining his/her glory all around s/he must confirm that all shepherds are wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, including Eye Protection, to account for the harmful effects of UVA, UVB and the overwhelming effects of Glory.

Following last year’s well publicised case, everyone is advised that EC legislation prohibits any comment with regard to the ‘redness’ of any part of Mr. Rudolph Reindeer. Further to this, exclusion of Mr. Rudolf Reindeer from reindeer games will be considered discriminatory and disciplinary action will be taken against those found guilty of such an offence.

While it is acknowledged that gift-bearing is commonly practised in various parts of the world, everyone is reminded that the bearing of gifts is subject to Hospitality Guidelines and all gifts must be registered and where necessary, taxes and import duties paid as appropriate. This applies regardless of the individual -even royal personages. It is particularly noted that direct gifts of currency or gold are specifically precluded under provisions of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Further, caution is advised regarding other common gifts, such as aromatic resins that may initiate allergic reactions.

Finally, in the recent case of the infant found tucked up in a manger without any crib for a bed, Social Services and the Local Authority Safeguarding Board have been advised and will be fully investigating.
The RSPCA are also seeking reassurance that no donkeys were harmed during this incident.
Compliance of these guidelines is mandatory in order for you to fully participate with the festive spirit.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas (but bear in mind this must be under 107 milligrams per 100 millilitres of urine or 35 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath if driving – UK, Wales & Northern Ireland).
Regards,
The Christmas Regulatory & Assessment Panel (CR*P)"
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now