Classic FM Hall of Fame

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Classic FM Hall of Fame

Post by doodles »

And so begins our Easter Weekend listening, wall to wall in this house.

Not being a purist I'm quite happy with film scores and video game themes but if that bloomin' bird wins again I will be demanding a public enquiry :lol:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
solimum

Re: Classic FM Hall of Fame

Post by solimum »

Indeed - anything but the Lark!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

My vote would always be for Borodin, Prince Igor, Polovstian Dances: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsTVF0Fu5_c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That video is also a masterclass in conducting. So unlike our own dear Proms, I'm sorry to say ...
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Oh how I hate that lark!!!

I'm very far from a purist too, but I do wish Classic FM would vary their repertoire a little more. It seems a constant diet of Hebrew Slaves, Tina Ting and Aled Jones!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Well the countdown is now in the fifties and the bird still hasn't trilled. :shock:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
doodles

Post by doodles »

Aaaaagggggggghhhhhh............ :evil:
solimum

Post by solimum »

My son and his partner were staying for the weekend and told me early on that Classic FM had inadvertently revealed the result by saying of an early Vaughan Williams piece in the 200s somewhere "That's the only one of his 8 in the charts to have fallen this year...." Whoops!

It is ridiculously overhyped at many points (as if Beethoven and Mozart are personally slugging it out for supremacy!) but did provide some fabulous listening on our traditional Bank Holiday trip back along the M69 on Monday evening (Clue: mostly Beethoven !)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now