Open air Shakespeare 2017 - any recommendations?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
loobylou

Open air Shakespeare 2017 - any recommendations?

Post by loobylou »

I am hoping to go to an open air Shakespeare with the family this year - the Cambridge Festival website is due to be updated next week and I have had a look at the Oxford ones. Regent's Park does not seem to be doing Shakespeare this year. Does anyone have any recommendations of particularly good experiences? (we were hoping for A Midsummer Night's Dream, Much Ado about Nothing or Twelfth Night since the children have been completely put off by seeing The Taming of the Shrew at the Globe last summer :( ) Thank you!
kenyancowgirl

Re: Open air Shakespeare 2017 - any recommendations?

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Are the reduced Shakespeare Company doing anything? We thoroughly enjoyed their production at a Stately Home near us a few summers back!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

There's often one in Reading every year in July. I've not seen anything advertised this year yet, but might be worth a look.

I went to one some years ago, it was held in the grounds of the ruined Abbey.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The Chiltern Shakespeare company perform at a fabulous outdoor venue each year, and are doing Much Ado About Nothing this year. It is a great evening out (take a picnic etc) but don't know how convenient it is for you? We always go as a family & love it.
http://www.chiltern-shakespeare.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

scary mum wrote:The Chiltern Shakespeare company perform at a fabulous outdoor venue each year, and are doing Much Ado About Nothing this year. It is a great evening out (take a picnic etc) but don't know how convenient it is for you? We always go as a family & love it.
http://www.chiltern-shakespeare.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ah that's brilliant. Thank you. Quite convenient to get to and I have often wondered if it's good!