Acne/spots on top of back/chest - prom deadline approaching!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
thankgoditsover

Re: Acne/spots on top of back/chest - prom deadline approach

Post by thankgoditsover »

My eldest suffered from bad acne, we went to our GP who prescribed all manner of things. Facial washes, facial creams, antibiotics etc, months of testing each product later and it had no effect. GP suggested we try a dermatologist and if we had private health care to use it as nhs wait was at least 6 months. Anyway the upshot of it all was she was found to have polycystic ovaries and a symptom of that is acne. She was prescribed the pill and is now acne free, just the odd teenage spot. Different products work for different people and the pill was a last resort for her. We also try to advocate a healthy diet and lots of water :roll: you can see her eyes start to roll as soon as I ask have you had any water or fruit today, sigh.

There are some great camouflage makeup products out there at the moment too.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

In case boys may object against full camouflage make up :wink: - cover up sticks for individual spots work very well, too. There is one with witch hazel and tea tree from Boots which does not only mask the spots but also dries them up. Even better (works wonders on my spots) is a Eucerin DermoPurifier cover stick, but it can be a bit difficult to find. Some pharmacies stock it, Eucerin's website has a list of where it's sold.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
doodles

Post by doodles »

DS is not adverse to using a cover stick though he does have to be checked over before he leaves the house as his blending technique is not the best :lol:
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

doodles wrote:DS is not adverse to using a cover stick though he does have to be checked over before he leaves the house as his blending technique is not the best :lol:
From where I look at it, shortcomings on blending technique are fairly common. A YouTube tutorial for boys, anyone? :wink:
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)