11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Re: Tetanus

Post by Amber »

Erm, thanks Booellesmum. :?
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

Think the moral is remember when you had them and don't have too many...either that or don't stand on rusty nails!
Hope you are feeling better.
:D
Amber

Post by Amber »

Back from docs with a tetanus booster (mine ran out last year) and a course of antibiotics as it is a 'red flag' injury apparently. I had decided not to take the antibiotics but then went out into my garden and was bitten twice by a ****** horsefly so will keep the script just in case... I have been bitten twice in the past by these monsters and both times developed cellulitis. Am beginning to rue my love of the outdoors!
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Glad to hear you had your booster, Amber, and I hope those horsefly bites are not going to give you trouble. Perhaps worth putting some antiseptic cream on them just in case (the bites, not the flies :wink: )?
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Stokers

Post by Stokers »

Urgh! horseflies. I remember hiking in the Picos with DH and walking up a particularly dank and overgrown path. Every time he stopped for a breather, numerous horseflies descended on him. I was untouched (obviously, my blood is of inferior quality!) but he was covered in the most painful and itchy welts for days.

Sorry to hear of your injury, Amber and the drama about to tetanus or not to tetanus - hope you're on the mend soon.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Stokers wrote:Urgh! horseflies. I remember hiking in the Picos with DH and walking up a particularly dank and overgrown path. Every time he stopped for a breather, numerous horseflies descended on him. I was untouched (obviously, my blood is of inferior quality!) but he was covered in the most painful and itchy welts for days.

Sorry to hear of your injury, Amber and the drama about to tetanus or not to tetanus - hope you're on the mend soon.
Biting insects love me - it is because I am so sweet, I believe. OH is the one who got Lyme disease though, after a tick bite. Nasty business and good job we had gone to Norway because the doctors here thought he had infected eczema, having never had eczema before.

Thanks Stokers. Frustrated as I can't walk or drive. And it flipping hurts. Hence my omnipresence on this forum. :roll:
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Send OH out for anthisan cream - it is marvellous on midge bites, mosquito bites and horse fly munches!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Glad you got yourself a jab Amber and hope it clears up swiftly. Don't like the sound of those bites though so you hold onto that script, I'm no medic but we've always found ice cubes (in a cloth so you don't get an ice burn too :shock: ) helps the itching.

Get that foot up and have a medicinal jar or too - if you're not taking the pills of course :?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Amber wrote:Frustrated as I can't walk or drive. And it flipping hurts. Hence my omnipresence on this forum. :roll:
I do feel ever so much for you.I have had a tetanus jab three times in my life as a teenager, each time after dog bites in the back of the legs after delivering newspapers.It wasn't the pain from the bites it was the pain from the jabs.On the first two occasions the jabs were in the posterior and you can't move or walk.On the last occasion my dignity at least was maintained by having the jab in the arm even though the pain was just as bad.So rest up and enjoy the summer.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Amber

Post by Amber »

Happily quasimodo the jab was in the top of my left arm and didn't hurt a bit. I did start taking the dreaded antibiotics last night though as foot starting swelling and one of the bites has started to do what bites on me tend to - looking like a violent sunset over a lake.

I think I must have upset the gods this year (well since the end of last year really) as it has been, as they say, one thing after another. But as they also say, those good sayers, things like this put your life in perspective and make you realise how lucky you are. (Ok gods, I have got the message now, OK?).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now