Car Mount for iPhone 6+

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kenyancowgirl

Car Mount for iPhone 6+

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Can anyone recommend a car mount for an iPhone 6+, please? I have a windscreen car cradle currently which was designed for an iPhone 5 and, although it takes the size of the 6+, I am not convinced it is stable enough (i.e. high enough) as it only holds it round the bottom - and also think the weight may cause the windscreen suction pad to fail.

My suspicion is that I will need a vent mounted one but my head is swimming with all the varieties so wondered if anyone had found a successful one or ones to avoid. Currently I don't have a case for it but as the 5 got smashed, :evil: a case is also going to have to be purchased!
Eccentric

Re: Car Mount for iPhone 6+

Post by Eccentric »

I have a magnetic one that I got from a service station. I don't know what it is called but you put a magnet into the protective phone case (the mount suckers to the windscreen, so when I get into the car all I need to do it touch my phone to the mount and it sticks. It is simple, interchangeable between phones, is aesthetically pleasing, does the job and only cost £9.99 :D
Amber

Post by Amber »

Excuse my stupidity, but why does one need to mount one's phone on a car windscreen?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

If you use it as a sat nav
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Eccentric wrote:I have a magnetic one that I got from a service station. I don't know what it is called but you put a magnet into the protective phone case (the mount suckers to the windscreen, so when I get into the car all I need to do it touch my phone to the mount and it sticks. It is simple, interchangeable between phones, is aesthetically pleasing, does the job and only cost £9.99 :D
I have seen this type but they are not recommended for a so called "phablet" due to the weight. Do you use yours with a 6+ (the big iPhone - more like a small iPad?)
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Amber wrote:Excuse my stupidity, but why does one need to mount one's phone on a car windscreen?
Tinkers is right - but also, according to a friend who had to do a speed awareness course, if your mobile phone is in your car, it should always be in a cradle. (The windscreen mounted is only one type - vent types are also available!)
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

...unless, presumably, it's tucked away in your bag with the sound turned off as mine normally is!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now