Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Car Mount for iPhone 6+
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:44 am 

Can anyone recommend a car mount for an iPhone 6+, please? I have a windscreen car cradle currently which was designed for an iPhone 5 and, although it takes the size of the 6+, I am not convinced it is stable enough (i.e. high enough) as it only holds it round the bottom - and also think the weight may cause the windscreen suction pad to fail.

My suspicion is that I will need a vent mounted one but my head is swimming with all the varieties so wondered if anyone had found a successful one or ones to avoid. Currently I don't have a case for it but as the 5 got smashed, :evil: a case is also going to have to be purchased!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:11 am 

I have a magnetic one that I got from a service station. I don't know what it is called but you put a magnet into the protective phone case (the mount suckers to the windscreen, so when I get into the car all I need to do it touch my phone to the mount and it sticks. It is simple, interchangeable between phones, is aesthetically pleasing, does the job and only cost £9.99 :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:39 am 

Excuse my stupidity, but why does one need to mount one's phone on a car windscreen?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:41 am 

If you use it as a sat nav

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:07 pm 

Eccentric wrote:
I have a magnetic one that I got from a service station. I don't know what it is called but you put a magnet into the protective phone case (the mount suckers to the windscreen, so when I get into the car all I need to do it touch my phone to the mount and it sticks. It is simple, interchangeable between phones, is aesthetically pleasing, does the job and only cost £9.99 :D

I have seen this type but they are not recommended for a so called "phablet" due to the weight. Do you use yours with a 6+ (the big iPhone - more like a small iPad?)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:09 pm 

Amber wrote:
Excuse my stupidity, but why does one need to mount one's phone on a car windscreen?

Tinkers is right - but also, according to a friend who had to do a speed awareness course, if your mobile phone is in your car, it should always be in a cradle. (The windscreen mounted is only one type - vent types are also available!)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:56 pm 

...unless, presumably, it's tucked away in your bag with the sound turned off as mine normally is!