New party leaders

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

silverysea

Re: New party leaders

Post by silverysea »

This is the most amazing farce. I am so embarrassed to be living here.

I enjoyed watching David Tennant with Samantha Bee, I can't do links but Google it if you want a US perspective. Beware, it has naughty words. He was assisting her with the correct pronunciation for Scot's tweets on Trump. I feel many apply to politicians closer to home.

Stephen Crabb wants more diversity and to have an larger fellow octogenarian faction. Does that tell you something about him? :lol:
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Amber wrote:
Proud_Dad wrote: I'd have serious concerns about their relationship if that's how they genuinely email each other! Accident my a*se! :lol:

I mean she could have at least tried to make it sound slightly more genuine. "BTW can you drop by Waitrose and pick up some more semi-skimmed and a loaf on your way home. Thnx S. ***", or something.
Why would you email your spouse anyway? Apart from to forward things sent by your kids' school so they can't pretend they didn't know there was a parents' evening? Spouses text. Things like 'you left a tissue in your jeans when you put them in the wash', or 'can I move that letter which has sat unopened on the table for the last three months?', or, as my husband texted me yesterday when my son sent a 'selfie' of us at lunch, 'poor you you look sooo tired!' (Just what I needed to hear before two meetings!).

Mystery, someone made a rather rude joke about Boris pulling out at the last minute. I won't repeat it but perhaps you can imagine.
We sometimes e mail, reception issues! Not about tissues in jeans, but certainly leaving one leg inside out when the other stays the right way on trouser re,moval. A Yamin bug bear!!

Actually, we are all embracing, we use whatsapp and voxer too!
Proud_Dad

Post by Proud_Dad »

Amber wrote: Why would you email your spouse anyway? Apart from to forward things sent by your kids' school so they can't pretend they didn't know there was a parents' evening? Spouses text.
OH and I tend to email during day as we both have primarily desk jobs, so its easier and quicker to type an email on a proper keyboard than thumb a message on a phone which I hate doing! :twisted:

Anyway email and texts are both so old-skool. Its all about whatsapp, snapchat and instagram these days innit?
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

silverysea wrote:I enjoyed watching David Tennant with Samantha Bee.
Thanks for that - I did find it on Google, really funny! :D
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

I loved the point that British news is usually the warm fuzzy at the end of a US news reports, with royal babies or adorably silly pensioners stories from a redtop newspaper. Not earthshaking convulsions making everyone worldwide lose all their (remaining) money and go for each others' throats en masse.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

silverysea wrote:Stephen Crabb wants more diversity ...
As long as you're heterosexual ... :shock:

JD
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

The other election.Jeremy Corbyn still refusing to go.There is an expectation that Angela Eagle will stand against him even though her constituency party supports Corbyn.She is a member of the soft left.The Labour Party has been captured by the hard left ever since they allowed members to join for payment of three pounds.I think momentum the campaign group is cover for the hard left and has allowed what used to be the militant tendency to join the Labour party.Momentum are fully behind Corbyn and will be looking to deselect Labour MP's.

Labour in my opinion cannot win a general election with Corbyn or Eagle.They need to attract voters in the centre and can only do this with leaders like Alan Johnson but he lost on Brexit leading the Labour campaign,David Miliband who is no longer an MP or in my view they elect someone like Dan Jarvis who is yet an unknown but a leader who would frighten the Conservative party and start bringing Labour back on the road to electability.
Last edited by quasimodo on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Amber wrote: Why would you email your spouse anyway? Apart from to forward things sent by your kids' school so they can't pretend they didn't know there was a parents' evening? Spouses text.
DH and I are currently texting each other about the broken toilet #farmoreimportantinthishousethanthetories

JD
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

silverysea wrote:I loved the point that British news is usually the warm fuzzy at the end of a US news reports, with royal babies or adorably silly pensioners stories from a redtop newspaper. Not earthshaking convulsions making everyone worldwide lose all their (remaining) money and go for each others' throats en masse.
Yes, indeed! Interesting timing from the point of view of the American elections, I wonder how high their turnout will be in November.
quasimodo wrote:The other election.Jeremy Corbyn still refusing to go.There is an expectation that Angela Eagle will stand against him even though her constituency party supports Corbyn.She is a member of the soft left.The Labour Party has been captured by the hard left ever since they allowed members to join for payment of three pounds.I think momentum the campaign group is cover for the hard left and has allowed what used to be the militant tendency to join the Labour party.Momentum are fully behind Corbyn and will be looking to deselect Labour MP's.

Labour in my opinion cannot win a general election with Corbyn or Eagle.They need to attract voters in the centre and can only do this with leaders like Alan Johnson but he lost on Brexit leading the Labour campaign,David Miliband who is no longer an MP or in my view they elect someone like Alan Jarvis who is yet an unknown but a leader who would frighten the Conservative party and start bringing Labour back on the road to electability.
I imagine we will not hear too much about the Labour elections until the Tory contest is concluded as everyone's attention is quite understandably on he next PM. I agree with your view, though, that neither Corbyn or Eagle are likely to win a general election. The party is far too divided at the moment and they do need to sort themselves out to be taken seriously.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

I predict the Lib dems and other progressive types will benefit from all this upheaval. the country is bored with austerity and now will have another big dose of it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now