Rio 2016

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kenyancowgirl

Re: Rio 2016

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Fiji giving an absolute Masterclass to GB in rugby 7s. Like watching an average club side against a national team but full of admiration for the outstanding Fijians heading for their first ever Olympic gold.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Fiji giving an absolute Masterclass to GB in rugby 7s. Like watching an average club side against a national team but full of admiration for the outstanding Fijians heading for their first ever Olympic gold.
+1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... medal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
doodles

Post by doodles »

What a splendid Games.

Very sad it's all over, but we have watched far too much tv and stayed up far too late during the last fortnight.

Gold medals over 15 sports (more than any other nation) and medals in some completely new ones.

Well done Team GB......
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
mad?

Post by mad? »

Completely in withdrawal now, looks like autumn is here and I missed summer, who knew?
mad?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Sad isn't it mad? My DS go back to school on 1st September and actually pre-season training starts today so we are well into "back to school" mode :(
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
mad?

Post by mad? »

doodles wrote:Sad isn't it mad? My DS go back to school on 1st September and actually pre-season training starts today so we are well into "back to school" mode :(
Likewise, DD2 starts tomorrow and will be learning to hem her own trousers today. She appears to think that she will want to wear ankle grazers all winter and is in the process of shortening them all. Grr. Then the hunt for kit will begin, followed with the request for a lift as she has so much stuff to carry. At some point panic about coursework and personal statements will begin, but not before the 'important' stuff has been sorted.
mad?
mad?

Post by mad? »

PS. I think I am going to try to detox slowly by watching a bit of the Vuelta a Espana!
mad?
Amber

Post by Amber »

http://m.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport ... 0822112724" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
doodles

Post by doodles »

These Games have most certainly shown what some decent funding can do for sport.

However, I would add one proviso, the funding requires an organisation / management at the top capable of using it properly. Fantastic job done by people running GB cycling, gymnastics, hockey, rowing etc etc. Perhaps they should be encouraged to pass on some of their management (is that the right word) expertise to other sports ......

Of course I like seeing GB do well but some of the best medals really are from the less affluent countries, Fiji in 7's, Ivory Coast in TaeKwondo and I was willing on the Mauritian girl in the triathlon.
marigold

Post by marigold »

Already watching the Vuelta.
It is going through where we went on holiday this year although it is totally unrecognisable as all sun and blue skies and we had black clouds and pouring rain.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now