Should grammar schools take overseas pupils?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

The ones I'm talking about are definitely state!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

capers123 wrote:I also know of some private schools over in Bristol that are turning into State schools!
:shock: Which ones Capers? I have a few friends in Bristol who won't be impressed if their hugely expensive private schools suddenly go all "State" on them! :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I think Clifton College is going state - I don't know of any others.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Good grief! :shock: :shock: :shock:

WHY???
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Not sure about Clifton, but Colston Girls certainly is becoming an Academy, along with Bristol Catheral School - all former Direct Grant schools that went private in the '70's.

See http://www.colstonsgirls.bristol.sch.uk ... iew&id=172 for Colston info.

I believe other schools elsewhere are as well.
Capers
Another worried Mum

Recruiting from China

Post by Another worried Mum »

I am personally concerned about the whole thing going on at the moment within schools almost feverishly chasing links with China. For example, our own primary school has recently sent around 6 pupils over to China on an exchange visit - some pupils as young as 8. And, to add to the irony, two of the girls who visited were adopted from China - as part of the whole situation about chinese families wanting sons, so abandoning daughters to orphanages. :cry:

What concerns me greatly, is that there is no balance given to the children regarding the whole situation with China. I have discussed issues with my own daughter regarding Tibet, Human Rights, Child Labour, single-child only families, environmental damage etc, but she hears nothing about this in school.

Perhaps we have had enough of being the US's poodle - so are changing to be China's poodle!
KB

Post by KB »

CRGS has been taking HONG KONG students for many years - nothing to do with any recent interest in China!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now