How Sad Am I?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
zorro

Post by zorro »

Snowdrops,
Pardon my ignorance but which exam results are you waiting for?
Good Luck anyway!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

North Yorkshire results Zorro - along with Bougalou.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

I'm just like you, Snowdrops! I have bitten my nails right down so now have to start on the Cadbury Dairy Milk (they're probably the only shares which are rising right now!). Had a brown envelope today addressed to "The Parent of..." but it was for DS1. We are in Kent so our results are not even due to be posted until Monday anyway but I am a wreck, cannot concentrate on anything at all!
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Herman - are you sure about the thickness of envelope? Those who have not made the grade receive whacking great thick wodges with all the appeal information in - know from bitter experience. I know your DD passed last year, what did your envelope contain if it was thick?

Snowdrops- who's paraniod now????? :twisted:
Bouga
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Got it.....a thread citing who is the most neurotic/paranoid/weird parent awaiting their childs' exam results.......a confessional box....dare I start the thread....I will definitely be a contender - but in a few more weeks when the Bucks tempo is really hotting up :roll:

Ambridge x
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Bouga

The envelope contained sheets of paper (with some charts etc ) about how many had passed (both Ripon and Skipton) for the past few years and how many in area and out of area had been accepted and how far away they were etc etc.
In retrosepct (and the retrospectoscope is such a useful instrument!!!) it may have been to do with the fact that DD was at a school out of area (despite that fact that we lived in area) and info was being given to parents to enable them to make a more "informed" choice re putting the schools on the CAF etc etc .
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Yeah yeah yeah...do it Ambridge...start the thread...
It would be fun to laugh at how neurotic we all are!
chad

Post by chad »

Ambridge....

You could start off the thread with this Gem from JuliaB....all the way back in 2006
Get up at dawn or earlier, stare out of window for couple of hours. Think about how suddenly it gets light. Make tea. Forget to drink it. Think about going back to bed when first child appears scratching head and put kettle on again. Put on clothes that might match or not. Nail smile on face and act like domestic goddess. Make haphazard packed lunches as can't concentrate (why didn't I get another loaf out of freezer last night) Forget who likes coleslaw and who doesn't. Empty dishwasher, mutter about how rubbish it is at washing dishes. Take children to school. Wave 11+ candidate off cheerily. Sit in car with glazed expression until all other cars gone. Somehow make it home. Examine mat for indication of post. Consider cigarette. Remember stopped smoking about 10 years ago. Give serious thought to going to corner shop for supplies. Decide against in case miss post. Collect cold tea from kitchen. Sit on the edge of the stairs clutching cup staring at letterbox for 5 hours. Only answer phone to husband, no of course it hasn't bl++++ come yet. Get fed up, drive up and down local streets looking for postman. Get back in time to see postman is further up our street than our house. Retrieve envelope from pile of somerfield adverts and a leaflet about garden clearance that needs the grammar correcting. Clasp magic envelope to chest. Hold for approx one hour and drive back to school to collect pale and anxious child. Drive home in complete silence apart from saying it's here. Arrive home. Husband pacing floor in hall where is it, I can't believe you took it with you to school. Present child with envelope.......Pray.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Yes Umbridge,

Start the thread so I can tell you how wonderful you are and everyone can be sick at the amount of arse I'm kissing! :P And then a wee person can come and tell us all how dull and meaningless our posts are! :roll: :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

How did that word get through :shock: - sorry guys! :oops: :lol: