Grrrr Grrrrr Grrrrr

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snowdrops

Grrrr Grrrrr Grrrrr

Post by Snowdrops »

Can't you tell I'm only just back from holiday and not thinking straight.

So, we were in a certain well known book store today (NOT Jones!!) and we were purchasing a couple of books for the little boy next door who's first birthday it is, whilst at the same time trying to purchase 4 poppies for us to wear. I had three girls wittering at me that they didn't want to wear it there on the coat, could I pin it here instead AND the person behind the till was trying to explain that if I pre-ordered 'The Tales of Beedle Bard for £1 (total price £3.99 - usually £6.99) we could chose a free 'Classic' (DD chose Huckleberry Finn - it was the thickest and best value for money, if any had been paid!!).

I asked them to be quiet so I could think straight, but they wouldn't, and it wasn't until we got home did I realise we didn't have the said purchases :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Oh no!! did I lose the bag (DD would keep passing the bags round to everyone else as she didn't want to carry them), or perhaps we left them on the bus (eldest DD had them, but she has severe learning difficulties and may have forgotten them :cry: ). Or even, did we never take them from the shop in the first place??

One quick 'phone call established we had indeed left them behind, but that meant another trip into town tomorrow, which is just as well as we forgot to go to the butchers as well :oops:

Now the, where did I leave my brain :? :?
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Oh dear, poor Snowdrops!
At least the books are safely being looked after for you...
It does sound like you have had a rather fraught day. Put your feet up and feed yourself cake!
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Snowdrops

A solution to your busy, frustrating day awaits you in Rehab :wink:

Ambridge x
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Instead of cooking I got OH to get chinese :D

Dare I look in Rehab? - Perhaps!
jah

Post by jah »

If you've got 3 children, leave 1 at home when shopping. I could do murder when going around with my lot, and they're 16, 13 and 10!

If I do have to take them all, we split into pairs and meet up and swop pairs - so the 10 year old is never by himself. My son is always left at home if we are clothes shopping for the girls, and I never make him go into Bravissimo.

My sister took her son there once (now 9yrs old) and afterwards he said that she must promise never, ever to take him there again.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

:mrgreen: Very amusing Jah!!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I remember once and only once venturing bra shopping with master yoyo as a toddler, he kept breaking free and running out of the changing rooms at the most inopportune moments!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now