Gross Stupidity

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The gate my children's primary school is by an old peoples home, down a narrow street. We watched an ambulance try to get down past the illegally parked cars and in te end the paramedics had to get out and run. No-one moved.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

That's bad, really bad, but not surprising unfortunately.

I'm sat here watching the cars go past my house in the snow (well, they're at a standstill with a few moving everynow and then) and almost without exception, they've cleared a small patch on the windscreen to peer through, and the rest of the windows are covered in snow (not new snow, snow they haven't bothered clearing off) - WHY????? Don't they know it's DANGEROUS (my favourite word just now :lol: :lol: :lol: )
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

Perhaps their judgement is impaired because they had too many units last night.

Still plenty to worry about so doing well in snowy snowdrop land.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Nah, I think their brains have been impaired by all the radio waves from the mobiles they use whilst driving :shock:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Be fair, everyone - you can't clean snow off the windows when you've got a mobile clamped to your head in one hand and a fag in the other, if the snow gets on either it could ruin it.

Mike
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

True, very true.
AB

Post by AB »

Snowdrops wrote:True, very true.
It's not like you to take the 'softly softly' approach, Mrs. Snowdrops!

What happened to 'dangerous'?

I was called away from my desk to hasten to child's school with forgotten item of equipment needed for lesson 6.

I had to drive past 7 schools/nurseries, 3 parks, 2 width restrictions and through a busy shopping precinct in lashing rain; all the while, thinking of you at every junction,roundabout and obscure corner, ready to bop me with your lollipop if I splashed a pedestrain on the farside, forgot to indicate my intentions,frightened the dogwalkers, did not pull out enough to clear the cyclists and the horses and did not give way to slow-reversing construction vehicles heaving tons of mud.

It was a fraught journey and I did not dare take the mobile phone call that came through from the Boss lest I start having nightmares tonight about you. (I am not allowed to dream about any one else except my OH.)

The roadkill wasn't my fault. It was there already before the rains came.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

So, it was DANGEROUS then?

You do well not to dream about me AB - I'm here to give people NIGHTMARES :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm surprised at you anyway AB, fancy making ANOTHER trip in your car today (rain, hail or snow) - you are making the world a DANGEROUS place to live in, firstly with the poisonous emissions from your car, then with your driving - which is BOUND to be DANGEROUS. Please take more care of your fellow citizens!!!!!!!
AB

Post by AB »

I admit the extra trip was totally unnecessary and damaging to my pocket.

I shall have words with said child later for forgetting said equipment.

But my driving was impeccable today due to your highlighting appalling driving standards across the nation. My catalytic converter worked overtime trying to combat the foul emissions, I kept the right stopping distance from the car in front (which was a Toyota) and even timed the surface spray from roads and the cars ahead and on either side to give mine a much needed rinse.

All in all, more good than bad, on balance. Maybe some of your hot air from your ranting and fuming at the state of the nation's roads/drivers might get rid of the snow faster in your neck of the woods.

I did also do a good deed today and vacated the choice parking spot in front of school gates just in time for another parent in her jammies, no doubt bringing some critical forgotten piece of equipment/assignment.

There were no ambulances today, all no doubt a bit fearful of the possible noise pollution fron their sirens now they know Mrs Snowdrops has her ears to the ground.

PS. Please stop shouting. I can't hear the caller on my mobile phone. Thanks.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

You really have lead a sheltered life haven't you?

Shouting? Shouting? Don't you know 'Ranting and fuming' necessitates SHOUTING? How else am I to give the nation nightmares?

Please note: during the snow, rain or whenever there's the slightest chance of it being cold, I will not have my ear to the ground. I will rely on my global CCTV system to catch you all out - so beware, Big Sister IS watching you!!!

May I ask why you felt it necessary to highlight the poor Toyota driver? Are you trying to give them inferiority complexes? Have Toyota drivers EVER done anything to you which you could consider DANGEROUS????