Admission Impossible

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Part two is shown on Tuesday night and repeated again on Saturday night.

I missed the first part :cry: it sounds as if it was quite interesting.

I shall definitely watch the second part :)
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Thanks Snowdrops, will tune in. Don't suppose Sky3 would have an iplayer so you could watch it?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Unfortunately not Tipsy - I have searched the whole of the tv programme listings for the next 2 weeks and nothing is shown.

I get the drift of what happened so it's not the end of the world (but it would have been nice!).
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

In brief:

2 children trying to get into a good academy, 1 gets in the other is now trying to get into a catholic school but isn't catholic.

1 boy excessively tutored for Surrey Grammars and passed at least 1.

1 seven year old not being stretched at school but gets a 50% scholarship to an independent but mum still can't afford the rest.

I don't think I've missed anything. :?:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Thanks Tipsy.

I don't know what part two is about - whether it's a follow up to what happened once they got their allocated school, or if it's more of the same in part one.

We shall see when it's aired on Tuesday (and Saturday).
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

It's more of the same where you see what happens to them all come allocation day and the rest of the year.
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

Highlight of the next episode:
It's going to include a family with a 2 and a 4 year old where the mother is disappointed that the local Kumon centre has turned the youngest child down as too young to start, so is starting to do NVR with her at home as she cannot yet read well enough to do the VR or maths paper.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

So perplexed, the $64000 question is what are you going to do with your kids? Judging from the NVR's you've started them on are you hoping to send them to the Top schools? :wink:
PapaM

Post by PapaM »

Tipsy,

U neglected to consider whether perplexed kids will actually be missing 11+ and go straight to university (if and only if they want to!) and then maybe just become 11+ tutors themselves by the time they are 11 themselves!!! Seems perplexing, but makes sense to me!!!
PapaM
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

PapaM,

How foolish of me! University may be beneath them. :? Perhaps they will write a thesis on why conventional education should cease to exist. 8)