Clothes for teenage boys!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

katel wrote:Shouldn't they be shopping for their own clothes at that age?
NO, No, no..

Rule no 1 Katel, Never, ever allow your DC to shop for their own clothes.
Look back at your old photos for proof of teen fashion mistakes.. :shock:
Sometimes a gentle push (ok shove) leads to better "education" on clothes shopping. :wink:

AM
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Ed's mum wrote:
A shopping trip combined with a challenge...?

How could I refuse Appeal Mum? You're on!!!
:mrgreen:
Trinny and Susannah eat your heart out! :lol:

AM
zorro

Post by zorro »

I empathise with you all.Since DS started secondary school last year he too refuses to wear trusty Next clothes.All his friend wear Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch etc.I've tried to explain that they are very expensive -but "it's not fair!Why do I have to wear naff clothes?"
We have compromised on O'Neill and Quiksilver ( still not cheap by any means) I had no idea boys were like this - especially 12 yr olds! :roll:
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

Re - catalogues.

Have you tried Littlewoods? You can set up an account online and they have free delivery and returns, great for us indecisive shoppers :wink: !

They do stock some branded clothes for teens and they have their own ranges. I've also found they always have school uniform in stock for those mid year growth spurts.

They have a sale on at the moment....... :D
Sassie'sDad

Post by Sassie'sDad »

Sounds like you should put your foot down and get your ds to live in the real world. You may choose to afford the 'designer' rubbish, or not as, is your want but the day allow your 'little horror' to dictate you may as well give up for good. You are doing your child a disservice by not giving an adult lead in this area.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Pardon?

We are not advocating 'designer rubbish' but surely it is part of growing up to have some choice over what you wear? I do not want to go back to the times when chidren were expected to 'shut up and put up' -
zorro

Post by zorro »

Blimey SassiesDad I thought I was strict!!
By the way , do you have a 12 year old boy?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I don't want to start a whole new thread for this, because it is just a further continuation of my personal hatred of shopping ...

I have just spent around 3 hours on the internet frantically trawling for my summer wardrobe, and it has been the most surreal experience.

After a while I discovered a site that displays ALL it's knitwear being modelled by a vast bosom - a female torso (no face, and nothing below the waist) that has to be at least a bra size GG, and a pointy bra at that! This was Cross-Your-Heart meets Sophie Dahl in Wonderbra. Page after page after page of this bosom enclosed in various cardis and jumpers. By the time I got to the last page it was becoming a virtual 3D experience ... yuk!

So, I thought to myself: "I'll go somewhere nice and safe - M&S knickers online". That is when I started to notice the navels ... round ones, small ones, large ones, vertical ones, horizontal ones, spooky ones ...

And then I noticed that I could actually watch a VIDEO of the undie set that I was interested in. A VIDEO? Of a bra and a pair of knickers? :shock:

I'm beginning to think that I need to get out more! :oops:

Sally-Anne
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Sally-Anne wrote: I'm beginning to think that I need to get out more! :oops:

Sally-Anne
Would that be to the, actual shops? :lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Not if I can avoid it! :lol: