Re: SATS levels at KS3

Post by fatbananas »

App? :)
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Assessing Pupils' Progress

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... node/20683" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BlueBerry22

Post by BlueBerry22 »

Can I jump in and ask a question ?

DC (in Y7 Bucks US) has come home with teacher assessments of 6A/7 for a couple of subjects (Writing/Science) and 6B for most other subjects - since he started the school with 5A's is there some sort of disconnect between the levels used in primary School and Secondary School.

I know he is bright but that progress doesn't seem right ? Are levels supressed at Primary School in which case when we went before the Appeal Panel we could have been under representing him ?

BB22
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

They look a bit high to me ... still great evidence if you are thinking of 12+.

In a GS not many level 7s would be given this early as there is just not enough evidence. Even children coming in with level 6 are getting 5a/6c at this stage of term.
BlueBerry22

Post by BlueBerry22 »

Hi g55,

Thanks for reply, I just can't get my head around who benefits by over inflation. I will keep an eye on them, perhaps they will drop back next term.

Re 12+ dc has asked me to register him but I don't think he has the pace required for the test, would hate him to feel bad again, decisions, decisions, decisions.

All the best

Bb22
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now