Netbooks

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
marigold

Re: Netbooks

Post by marigold »

Off topic but a message to my fellow Mac users.

I did a few extra hours at work last week and have spent the money on a "magic mouse". Ridiculous amount of money for a mouse, but possibly the most wonderful thing I have ever bought. I couldn't recommend it more highly apart from the fact I keep turning on my lap top just for an excuse to sweep my way through pages with the merest twitch of a finger.
Amber

Post by Amber »

marigold wrote:Off topic but a message to my fellow Mac users.

I did a few extra hours at work last week and have spent the money on a "magic mouse". Ridiculous amount of money for a mouse, but possibly the most wonderful thing I have ever bought. I couldn't recommend it more highly apart from the fact I keep turning on my lap top just for an excuse to sweep my way through pages with the merest twitch of a finger.
My DS2 has a picture of one as one of his screen savers...I tried one out at the Mac store and yes, it was lovely! He has an Apple remote as well - he can irritatingly change what I am looking at when I am on the laptop. We are trying to save for a second Mac though (iMac probably) so must not allow ourselves to be distracted from that purpose.

DS2 is also trying to teach himself Unix,and has managed to get into the OS, which is truly terrifying, and might have me scuttling back to Windows begging for forgiveness!
Amber

Post by Amber »

I am now the proud owner of not only a magic mouse but also the iMac that goes with it. Even I was stunned by the fact that we brought it home, plugged it in (one plug, no processor, just a screen and the most perfectly designed little wireless keyboard), it fired up, connected instantly with the router, and everything just worked - silently! In stark contrast to the PC, which had to have this and that installed, the router configured, a silly little USB stick inserted to try to speak to said router, and a noisy whirring box with loud fans etc. Really, it is a miracle of modern technology and I am in awe! I have no hope of ever getting anything done in the house at all.

PS - if anyone is tempted by my brazen sales pitch here, there is a teacher discount and a free iPod - any kind - going at the moment. We now have an iPod Touch we didn't especially want and 3 kids 'debating' which of them would be the most deserving recipient.
marigold

Post by marigold »

Bliss aren't they ?
Amber

Post by Amber »

Yes...purr!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now