Year 7 - Homework Help

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scarlett

Re: Year 7 - Homework Help

Post by scarlett »

My DS only homework is drawing a selection of terrains on his geography notebook. DH did offer to help, but DS looked at him in astonishment and said, well no I have to do it myself ! .....we weren't too sure DH drawings would be entirely appropriate either......

In his planner it does say under homework ...cover books...and I keep asking DS if we need to wrap ourselves up in that clingfilm stuff, but he says no.What's the betting he will announce that yes, we do , at 10pm on Sunday night.

So, Unscary.....here's a treat for you...what's the best thing to use when covering books ? I might push the boat out as I'm still traumatised by the brown paper I had to use.( When I wanted to use that pull out of Wham! )
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

scarlett wrote:My DS only homework is drawing a selection of terrains on his geography notebook.
Decorating the Geography exercise book is also DD's only homework to date.
Just glad she has a Geography teacher. School has been advertising for a teacher of Geography, Geology and Religious Education for the past six months.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Well it might not be a geography teacher who is teaching her geography!!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

So, Unscary.....here's a treat for you...what's the best thing to use when covering books ? I might push the boat out as I'm still traumatised by the brown paper I had to use.( When I wanted to use that pull out of Wham! )
I'm getting excited just thinking about the books winging their way home to be covered :lol: :lol: . My DCs will be hiding them as it's a bit of a joke in this house that if they put a crispy new book down for too long it will get covered! Use re-positionable plastic - disaster will follow if you don't use the stuff that can be moved around (although it is more removable on some covers than others. <sad loser alert emoticon>
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Well, that's all sorted then. I'll just send them to you ! :D
mad?

Post by mad? »

scary mum wrote: Use re-positionable plastic - disaster will follow if you don't use the stuff that can be moved around (although it is more removable on some covers than others. <sad loser alert emoticon>
Yup I've had that disaster...what is re-positionable plastic and where can you get it from? (even sadder loser alert!)
mad?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think mine is from Staples - I suspect most can be repositioned now, but I'm not sure. The first book I ever covered for DD was such a mess :oops: (note I said "covered for" - it's my job :D ).

If you can find it there is a long thread about it from last September.
scary mum
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Scary - where do you live? More books winging their way over to you! So far, we have two presentable covered books, and one we ripped of the paper ready to tackle again.

However, I discovered that in WH S... you can get plastic book covers (3 for £1.50 approx). I managed to leave them at work so haven't actually used them yet. Unfortunately, they only had one size.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

DS has announced that yes, his books need covering too. DH is going to get some of that plastic covering tomorrow and seems to think Rymans or an art shop ? I told DS as it was last minute and I had been asking all week then I was going to use ...cling film...foil or DD fairy wrapping paper.I'll put him out of his misery before bed !
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I enquired whether DS had any for me to cover this evening. He rolled his eyes and said they would get tatty whether I covered them or not. How things change in a year... Maybe DD will indulge me.

Scarlett, when you cover them remember to close the book otherwise it will be beautifully covered but permanently open :lol:
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now