Year 7 Targets & Performance

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KenR

Year 7 Targets & Performance

Post by KenR »

We recently received the end of year report and for my son who attends KEFW grammar in Birmingham.

The report was in an interesting (and excellent) format and included a performance graph of actual performance month by month for the year against an individual pupil target level. The graph scale range was 0-5 and actual performance was based on a cumulative average of all subjects, where *=5 points, A= 4 points etc. Actual and target performance was given to 2 decimal places.

I was interested in how the school determined the individual pupil target and asked a question at a recent parents evening.

In turns out that this is a calculated, individual pupil average which is based on 3 things:-

1. The KE Foundation 11+ exam entry test scores (set by the Univ of Durham)
2. The KS2 SATs scores.
3. Further Individual school assessment tests which are run during the first couple of weeks of Year-7.

We found this really useful and informative. I just wonder if any other grammars or LEA around the country use a similar approach or is this just something specific to my son's school?

Ken
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

My son's first targets were calculated according to

-SATs results
-CATs test done in the first week of school.

and were given in the spring term.

But they are adjusted regularly according to the current performance, and the targets for the last term were slightly different.

Seems fairly similar to KEFW's approach.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now