Speech/ singing classes in Sutton

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
modernista

Speech/ singing classes in Sutton

Post by modernista »

Hi,
Can anyone help please. I am looking for a speech/singing class in the Sutton/Cheam area. Something like Stagecoach but DD is not too keen on dancing etc so more of a theatre group. She is musical so a bit of singing would be great. My DD did Speech and drama at primary school and did some Lamda certificates. I know I should know which level but I dont off hand. She was also doing roles in school productions by the end of Primary school. She is is now doing drama as part of curriculum. Because she is gets chosen for the music support for performances, doesnt do drama club or either because the school is much bigger, she has not been part of any production so far. Also, the drama curriculum does not include speech.

Does anyone know of a speech/ drama class where the emphasis is more on speech rather than dance performance so she can continue to maintain her level of confidence on stage. As her music schedule is quite demanding (Saturday mornings and also thinking of Friday afternoons for local youth orchestra), I would like prefer something less intense and more fun based.

Thanks in advance
DC17C

Re: Speech/ singing classes in Sutton

Post by DC17C »

http://www.netmums.com/sutton/local/ind ... ties/drama" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
found these on the netmums website
modernista

Re: Speech/ singing classes in Sutton

Post by modernista »

Thanks DC17c, thats quite a good list to go through. I know Anne Page from the Croft, anyone with any personal recommendation/ experience?