Food tech evaluation help please

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Guest55

Re: Food tech evaluation help please

Post by Guest55 »

There is some useful GCSE revision stuff when the time comes ... you do have to look carefully but I've found some gems.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Have just sat down with DD and the example found on TES, and between us have written her evaluation for last week's dish.

Between us we have thrown everything possible in, including the kitchen sink :lol: .

She is now writing up on her bestest handwriting, (another common one word comment has been 'messy').

If 'we' don't get an improvement in grade for this one, I think I'm going to have to go in to talk to her.

(PS I don't normally get involved with DDs homework, but this subject has been such a downer for her that I felt just this once, we would make it a joint effort.)
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Good luck tinkers and baby tinkers.

May have to do similar with ds1 and his dt. He loves dt, but for some reason his latest teacher (the third one he has had in the subject) is awarding him C grades, whereas he never got below an A with all the others. Obviously it is a style preference, as other kids are getting higher gades, but it is such a shame, as he is not an academic A grader, and it used to make him so happy. Also with a family full of engineers and surveyors, we really take it a bit personally. :shock:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

southbucks3 wrote:Good luck tinkers and baby tinkers.

May have to do similar with ds1 and his dt. He loves dt, but for some reason his latest teacher (the third one he has had in the subject) is awarding him C grades, whereas he never got below an A with all the others. Obviously it is a style preference, as other kids are getting higher gades, but it is such a shame, as he is not an academic A grader, and it used to make him so happy. Also with a family full of engineers and surveyors, we really take it a bit personally. :shock:
Baby Tinkers? :lol: she is only an inch shorter than me.

One of DDs primary school teachers once made the remark that as she was the daughter of two engineers he was surprised she could string two sentences together.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Hey...Ds1 is 2 inches taller than me and he is still baby boy, particularly if he is looking a bit sad!

One of DDs primary school teachers once made the remark that as she was the daughter of two engineers he was surprised she could string two sentences together.
I hope you told him that was pretty rich coming from a primary school teacher. :twisted: :lol: Well...really...what a total tit!

Takes cover in Anderson shelter, and awaits bombardment from the zillion teachers on ele forum :lol:
Last edited by southbucks3 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

To be fair he did say that in jest.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Ditto!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Well this gets weirder.

Miss Tinkers got back one of her evaluations today from a couple of weeks ago. Not the one we did together last weekend, but one before that when she was struggling to know what else to put. I hadn't helped her with it, it wasn't any different to previous ones, all I did was add a note at the end asking for more guidance as to what more detail she needed to add.

Grade A-

DD doesn't know why this one was so much better than the others, (grade Cs) tbh I can't see why either.

Because she has food tech on a Monday every other week she now doesn't have a lesson for several weeks. We won't know the results of last weekends efforts for some time.

Think of it as a cliff hanger :lol:
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Well done baby Tinkers! With food tech they like evaluations to be completed with reference to the design specification (form, suitability, taste, texture etc). Do you need to compete these star shaped chart things where you rate out of 5 for each point? (Sorry explained badly)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

kittymum wrote:Well done baby Tinkers! With food tech they like evaluations to be completed with reference to the design specification (form, suitability, taste, texture etc). Do you need to compete these star shaped chart things where you rate out of 5 for each point? (Sorry explained badly)

I know what you meant about star charts. Yes she does do them.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now