Out-of-character detention-how to play it?

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moseleymum

Re: Out-of-character detention-how to play it?

Post by moseleymum »

:lol: :lol: 8)
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

Egbert, natch.

Detentions are announced to parents by letter and are afterschool, no doubt it will cost me an expensive pre-paid cello lesson, rather than something that will pain dd!
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

silverysea wrote:Detentions are announced to parents by letter and are afterschool, no doubt it will cost me an expensive pre-paid cello lesson, rather than something that will pain dd!
Ever since mine were tiny the simple rule has been - if you miss a music lesson through something that is your fault or waste it through not practising then you pay for it.

Each child has only been obliged to pay once in a combined total of 9 years and 6 instruments.
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

This used to work but she is so canny now, she doesn't let on she wants anything - she has very little cash, never shops, happily wears uniform at all times or unfashionable granny gifts, no makeup, music from radio, books from school library...

She is very over indulged by the family as the first of only 2 grandchildren, and has so many things she never even opened. She's also very Eco-aware and anti-materialist.

So it comes down to punishments like no tv - she would say fine. Making her help me around the house more-well she enjoys the attention. Getting up early-she would agree she should and do it. She is more clever than me is the problem and super-manipulative and charming her way out of anything.

Probably why she made it to year 9 in the oppressive regime with no detention-very rare apparently! Friends son in GS has 2 a week, next door girl in our comp, every day for spells, then got sent to the school refuser service for a while.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now