Going to Big School

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

Re: Going to Big School

Post by southbucks3 »

Popper or zip, do be prepared for the plastic to split though, have plenty of spares, it's the constant pulling books in and out that does it. Ds uses zip bags for subjects with text books, poppers for others.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

As a family that uses mouthguards a lot, I would always advocate one fitted with dental putty, whether it be one done at home or professionally, we always use home impression kits now, and from one particular brand, they are excellent and the customer service is excellent, not the cheapest option but well worth it.. If for any reason you muck up the first mould they will send you more dental putty without question.
There is one 'boil and bite' that we have found to be not too bad, but they are a lot harder to fit properly, and more bulky in the mouth.
KB

Post by KB »

Heavt duty sticky tape will do a decent repair a few times on seam splits. Or you can tape them when new for added strength!
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

KB wrote:Heavt duty sticky tape will do a decent repair a few times on seam splits. Or you can tape them when new for added strength!
For a minute I thought that you were referring to the mouth guard. I had a eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww moment at the thought of a mouthguard repaired with duct tape :oops:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I have been more than tempted to use "heavy duty sticky tape" round my eldest sons mouth on many occasions!
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

southbucks3 wrote:I have been more than tempted to use "heavy duty sticky tape" round my eldest sons mouth on many occasions!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

You can get four poppered plastic wallets for 99p at the shop that only has one price...... All going strong with no splits yet for DD. I also got a couple of single ones for 75p each in T@sco today...
doodles

Post by doodles »

Foolscap is better than A4.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

With a gusset at the bottom if text books involved.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Ooh... "gusset" is one of those words, like "slacks" that always sends a sort of shiver down my spine....! Sorry ot I know...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now