Scouts

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

Re: Scouts

Post by southbucks3 »

Hi munch,

Don't worry if he still doesn't want to stick with it even as an explorer though, there is a massive drop out at his age and above, it doesn't mean they are any less interesting or any less enthusiastic about life than the boys and girls who keep going.

I wish our explorer scout leaders would teach them how to wash up btw. :lol:
KB

Post by KB »

Washing up was def on our training programme and all kit was inspected when returned after expeditions so they became pretty adept at scrubbing dirty pans :)
munch

Post by munch »

Thanks southbucks3 and KB, washing up is an alien concept to DS unfortunately. I am convinced if he doesn't know it now he never will :lol:
The Explorer leader is due to visit the group soon so fingers crossed.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Well he would fit right in with our huts explorer group then....mouldy cups in the sink seemingly EVERY week after their Friday session. :evil:

Hope he enjoys it though. 8)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I hope that your Explorers re a bit better at communication than DS1's lot :roll: . They communicate only with the members, not parents - because as adults we shouldn't be able to see what the young people are posting - by means of a closed group on Facebook. Funnily enough, although we untrustworthy adults cannot see any of the posts, we can see who the members are and access their FB pages in the normal fashion, which would seem rather to defeat the object...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now