General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
yoyo123

Re: Science

Post by yoyo123 »

Catseye wrote:
maknows wrote: he didn't have much science in his state primary
The only thing they need to do at primary school is experiment and more experiments the smellier,louder or brighter the better, enthuse children, make science exciting the theory just comes via osmosis-the theory(boring for young'uns) can wait until secondary school.
I totally agree, however the National Curriculum says otherwise. The revised curriculum is better, at least KS1 no longer have to conduct fair tests and consider variables. Science is a core subject and Ofsted are focussing on it. May sharpen a few schools' delivery.

May I add that our school's Science Lead is lovely, a paragon in the world of teaching and generally a legend in her own lunchtime..
russet

Post by russet »

Dd loves Crash Course Chemistry on YouTube. It goes up to a higher level than even GCSE, but great fun. So if he could just watch without thinking he has to understand all of it, it is very inspirational.
maknows

Post by maknows »

Thanks russet,cats eye,solimum,yoyo123,KB,ReadingMum and PettswoodFiona-I am going to check out your suggestions-thanks a bunch again
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now