Yr 7 mid year reports - any point?!!

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KB

Post by KB »

Don't be afraid to ask for a clear explanation & if you don't understand then ask for further explanation - if you are not clear how your child is settling in / progressing then the school is at fault not you.
Don't let staff confuse you with jargon - obviously as parents we have a responsiilty to make an effort to understand the schools' systems but if those systems do not communicate clearly to parents then they aren't working :)
Not suggesting that parents should ever be impolite but we do sometimes need to 'hold our ground'!
moved

Post by moved »

My son's report had no levels, merely grades A–E, effort 1–4 and comments. I was pleased as they had obviously got the measure of him! So far we have just had mini-reports with the achievement and effort grade. True to my son there were many comments about chatting. I have to admit to being pleased as this means that he has friends and has settled well. I now await maturity and the application of the zip I've tried to glue to his mouth! Perhaps I should wait until they start to write university reports.
solimum

Post by solimum »

moving wrote:True to my son there were many comments about chatting.
Sounds like mine!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

moving wrote:I now await maturity and the application of the zip I've tried to glue to his mouth! Perhaps I should wait until they start to write university reports.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am still waiting in year 11 for that to happen to my son
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now