Sassie'sDad

Standard of OPublic Educational Qualifications

Post by Sassie'sDad »

Here's a hare to set the foxes running!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 934150.ece

Comments please!
jah

Post by jah »

My daughter had 1 GCSE re-graded last summer. I was surprised when she got a B as she had got As in the first 2 papers, and I didn't see how she could have done so badly on the 3rd paper (the subject was Biology - so she had taken 2 papers early).

However, I wasn't going to fuss as she wasn't planning to do the A'level and didn't need the extra A grade to stay on at her GS.

School did put in an appeal (so we didn't pay for the re-mark!), and it was a truly delightful surprise when the revised mark came back as an A.

We are just waiting for the revised certificate now....
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

What is really bad is when a pupil misses a place at a top University and then later after a remark cannot take up the place that should rightfully belong to them.

I've seen this happen all too often :cry:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

60,000 children were given the wrong grade in A levels, GCSEs and key stage tests last summer
How many sats, gcse, a level exams were taken? One, two, three million?

So as a percentage not to many
wrong grades
Thank goodness the system has a way of dealing with this, the request for a re-mark.

Nicola Woolcock, please try to keep a sense of perspective when writing for the Times, other jobs are available in the Murdoch stable at THE SUN. :)

steve