nfer question possible other answere?

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SteveDH

nfer question possible other answere?

Post by SteveDH »

On Paper 11A section2 question 9
as far as I can see either b or c could be correct.

The shape with all the triangles could either be flipped horizontally

or flipped vertically and have the black and white bits swapped.

the latter is the given answere.

am I missing something or has this question actually got too valid answeres.

thanks
Steve
karen

Post by karen »

As far as I can see the only answer can be b if you follow the same process as the first half. If you chose c the triangle colours are wrong. I'm not sure this helps.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Plus if you flip it vertically the large triangle is the wrong way round
SteveDH

Post by SteveDH »

Thanks for the answer
karen wrote:As far as I can see the only answer can be b if you follow the same process as the first half. If you chose c the triangle colours are wrong. I'm not sure this helps.
The triangle colours are not wrong if you assume that in the 1st half you flip the lower tryangle horizontally and then swap its position with the larger triangle.

Karen wrote:Plus if you flip it vertically the large triangle is the wrong way round
I just mean the smaller row of tryangles... as far ignorong the big triangle for the moment.. on the left squares
you can change the row of triangles in the top square to the bottom by

fliping it vertically and swapping the black and white triangles (what apears to be the correct answer)... giving b if aplied to the second column of sqaures

moving the black triangle on the left to the right... wrong.. but as far as I can see valid answere. although not an option

rotaiting 180 degrees wrong.. but as far as I can see valid answere

flipping it horizontally.. (same as above).

or looking at it again.. should I be thinking how to go from the left square to the right.. in which case it is big triangle converts to semi circle

lose the left hand tryingle from the bottom... hmm perapse thats where I went wrong..

Ahh so what I should have been checking is that there is a rule that work across squares vertically and horizontall.. ?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now