Which Papers Are Hardest

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

salaam

Which Papers Are Hardest

Post by salaam »

From your experiences and opinion, What would you say is harder ?- NFER NVR or Bond 11plus? We have attempted the NFER, finding 11a the hardest, but have not yet tried out the Bond ones which I have managed to get hold of. My son is sitting his NVR next week and I want him to get all the practice he can get. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!
:?
Daogroupie

NVR papers

Post by Daogroupie »

It iwill completely depend on where and what he is sitting. My dd sat HBS NVR and that was NFER, they even had the same sample questions. We bought the Tutors NVR Vol 1 and 2 from here and I am sorry tutors but my dd said that it did not really help at all, but that was just HBS I hasten to add! We did the AE books as well and I found those helpful myself as I really did not get NVR in the start, hated it! I was getting 1 or 2 out of 12 when we started. The AE books got me closer to understanding it all, though I still have one or two when even when given the answer I can't see it as other do if you look through the threads here! So I would say spend your time on NFER. Do them over because you will be surprised how quickly you forget. Good Luck, when is your exam?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Bond tend to have lots of fiddly nits going on at the same time.

If your exam is set by Nfer, then they are probably nearer the difficulty you would find. 11A is notorious.

Daogroupie-The Tutors don't do NVR did you mean ElevenPlus Exams?

I found them quite useful for practising specific types of question to target difficulties.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now