Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:54 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:46 pm
Posts: 135
Location: slough
Any one knows if any NVR practice papers are in market which has 80 (4 sections with each section 20 question)

thanks for your help


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:34 pm
Posts: 548
What I do is I take an extra four questions per section from another paper with the same question types and add them to the end of each section. This means at times ds will do some questions he's already done, but it will give him the same feel of a 80q paper.

I had to make a separate answer sheet for this as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:46 pm
Posts: 135
Location: slough
JaysDarlin wrote:
What I do is I take an extra four questions per section from another paper with the same question types and add them to the end of each section. This means at times ds will do some questions he's already done, but it will give him the same feel of a 80q paper.

I had to make a separate answer sheet for this as well.


appreciate your reply

strange that, no publisher prints 80question nvr paper

anyway, i heard tiffin nvr will have 6 types rather than 4 which are used in slough schools

any ideas ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:34 pm
Posts: 548
muvvalac wrote:
i heard tiffin nvr will have 6 types rather than 4 which are used in slough schools


Really? Where did you hear this?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:46 pm
Posts: 135
Location: slough
JaysDarlin wrote:
muvvalac wrote:
i heard tiffin nvr will have 6 types rather than 4 which are used in slough schools


Really? Where did you hear this?



check this link

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12305


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:34 pm
Posts: 548
"NVR has 4 sections of 20 questions; no time limit has yet been allocated per section"

That's 4 sections which will be from the 6 available types.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:46 pm
Posts: 135
Location: slough
JaysDarlin wrote:
"NVR has 4 sections of 20 questions; no time limit has yet been allocated per section"

That's 4 sections which will be from the 6 available types.


Noted, looks like not many papers cover Isomorphic relationships except athey papers. I need to start looking for this Isomorphic relationships or my ds may have done with his tutor


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:34 pm
Posts: 548
Sorry to sound dumb, but what are Isomorphic relationships? I thought they were most similar...? Are these not the same '6'?

codes,
matrices,
series,
Analogies, (comparison)
most alike, (isomorphic??)
most unalike (odd one out)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:30 pm
Posts: 126
Hi Jaysdarlin,

I hope every thing is going well with your DS prep.’ and the pregnancy, my DD sat her first test in Nonsuch back in Sep and has passed with a score of 249, so fingers crossed it will be a good back up in case she does not get Tiffin. The 4 NVR sections always alternate from the 6 options as you have listed. For example the nonsuch test this year contained the following types;

content removed by moderator as some children are still to sit noonsuch test
Muvvalac, you will find isomorphic relationship is covered by nfer and bonds and it is known as similarities, its where they give two that are a like and you have to find a similar shape from a set of 5 shapes.


stressedparent

_________________
stressedparent


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:46 pm
Posts: 135
Location: slough
stressedparent wrote:
Hi Jaysdarlin,

I hope every thing is going well with your DS prep.’ and the pregnancy, my DD sat her first test in Nonsuch back in Sep and has passed with a score of 249, so fingers crossed it will be a good back up in case she does not get Tiffin. The 4 NVR sections always alternate from the 6 options as you have listed. For example the nonsuch test this year contained the following types;

content removed by mod,not all children have sat test yet
Muvvalac, you will find isomorphic relationship is covered by nfer and bonds and it is known as similarities, its where they give two that are a like and you have to find a similar shape from a set of 5 shapes.


stressedparent


thanks, i was confused/worried with isomorphic word ......


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016