NFER 11A which pack?

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Gorgeous

Re: NFER 11A which pack?

Post by Gorgeous »

Just looked through our stuff for you. We started with the Learning Together Book 1 and we also started to play adult scrabble together (she used to play the junior version). Hope I didn't sound patronising earlier, but personally I'm drained from the whole process and didn't get up until 10.00 a.m. today - totally unheard of for me!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Adult Scrabble even better if you allow her to use a dictionary, you find all sort of words you would never have dreamed of
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

yoyo123 wrote:you find all sort of words you would never have dreamed of
:lol: DS2 is an expert in two letter words, the more obscure, the better. Our Scrabble set had a list of them in the instruction book and he memorised them all. It is like playing against a dictionary at the end of every game!
pist

Post by pist »

Oooh yes! Lots of games, which will also make dd practice without realising it - must be a good thing! I think we will be doing lots of scrabble and similar (+ reading etc), as I fear vocab might be her weakest point. Had forgotten about Prof Leyton - thanks Yoyo must borrow from 7-year old sister, wonder how that wil go down tee hee.

Gorgeous wrote:Hope I didn't sound patronising earlier
You didn't! I'm impressed you can bear looking at this thread at the mo, I fear by the time I get to your stage, floorpacing might be my only option (would hopefully work off a years worth of choc biscuits!)

:wink: pist
gaap

Post by gaap »

My DD is preparing for Henrietta Barnet school and I have ordered GL Assessment book - for NVR . It is yellow colour with knots and crosses. Is it different to pink book with penguins? Could someone please clarify the right book to follow.

Thanks
gaap
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

If you have a look in the bookshop here http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/list.php?g=f&c=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The red text indicates previous editions.

The GL Assessment/Nfer NVR Practice papers currently have noughts and crosses on the front. The confusion arises because they were previously published with a Penguin cover.

The following contain the same practice papers but have different covers.
The Official 11 Plus Practice Papers Non-Verbal Reasoning Multiple Choice Pack 1 - ISBN: 9780708719862 (latest edition)
Letts GL Assessment 11 plus Non-Verbal Reasoning Practice Papers Multiple Choice - ISBN: 9780708703878 (previous edition -out of print)

Henrietta Barnet admissions documents state they use GL Assessment Multiple choice so if you want test papers by the same publisher you have 2 available packs.

The Official 11 Plus Practice Papers Non-Verbal Reasoning Multiple Choice Pack 1 - ISBN: 9780708719862
The Official 11 Plus Practice Papers Non-Verbal Reasoning Multiple Choice Pack 2 - ISBN: 9780708720486

The Penguin Covers that are currently available are not GL Assessment.
gaap

Post by gaap »

Thanks mitasol for your detailed explanation. Was really confused with different ISBN numbers. Now I am very clear with NVR GL assessment books. I dont know what I'll do without this forum.

Thanks a lot
gaap
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now