Does this book cover ALL possible NVR question types?

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jetster

Does this book cover ALL possible NVR question types?

Post by Jetster »

I have recently bought the GL assessment 11+Explained NVR book, it covers the following question types:

Finding Similarities - Odd One Out, Find the Diagram Like the First Two & Find the Diagram Like the First Three.

Completing Diagrams - Complete the Series, Complete the Grid & Complete the Pair.

Cracking Codes - Crack the Vertical Code & Crack the Horizontal Code.

My son sits the 11+ in September and we have just started preparing him (he has sat a few papers at school over the last few weeks). We've gone through all the question types in the book and we will now start with the papers to help him put into practice the techniques he has learnt.

I just want to make sure that this book covers all the possiblilities and I don't have to worry about buying more books on NVR.

Thank you

P.S We are sitting the 11+ in Lincolnshire, the papers he'll sit are NVR and VR. Once he's done a few papers on NVR I'll turn my attention to VR.
stevew61

Re: Does this book cover ALL possible NVR question types?

Post by stevew61 »

I have a copy of the GL 11+ Explained NVR book, it is a nice introduction, probably at the level of "familiarisation."

As you only have a few weeks it may do the job, but I use and prefer the more in depth, you can skip out levels 4 & 5, AE books.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/list.php?ex=270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Book 2 covers,

6. Components
1.Elements
2.Movements
3.Manipulations
4.Patterns
5.Layering
7. Odd One Out
1.Level One
8. Codes
1.Type 1 - Level Two
2.Type 1 - Level Three
3.Type 2 - Level Two
9. Analogies
1.Level One
2.Level Two
3.Level Three
4.Level Four & Five
10. Similarities
1.Level One
2.Level Two
3.Level Three
4.Level Four & Five
11. Series
1.Level One
2.Level Two
3.Level Three
4.Level Four & Five
12. Matrices
1.Level One
2.Level Two
3.Level Three
4.Level Four & Five
13. Revision
Alex

Post by Alex »

All the types which may come up in the Lincs NVR test are covered in the Letts/GL Assessment question packs (standard version) - I am not familiar with their 11+ Explained NVR book but I think if you look at the question papers you should be able to gauge whether there is enough preparation contained in it. I have used the AE books and found them helpful.
Colourful-Rainbow

Post by Colourful-Rainbow »

This is also what I am wondering... It only covers 8 types of questions!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now