GL Test 7 section 1 q3

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
londonmum35

GL Test 7 section 1 q3

Post by londonmum35 »

Please can someone explain the answer for the GL assessment non verbal pack 2 Test 7 section 1 question 3? Thanks!
NorthLondonMum

Re: GL Test 7 section 1 q3

Post by NorthLondonMum »

Hi,

The number of "right pointing sticks" on the bottom is equal to the number of concave sides in the shape above - so answer is a.

Hope that makes sense.
Last edited by NorthLondonMum on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
londonmum35

Post by londonmum35 »

Wow, I would never have thought of that. Thanks.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Please, can anybody explain the method to find the answer to:
- test 7 section 1, question 11
- test 7, section 5, question 10
- test 7, section 6, question 7
Thank you!
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

GL test 7, section 1, question 11

Each shape has 3 concentric outlines and the black shapes overlap and extend beyond only the 2 outermost outlines, so it has to be D

GL test 7, section 5, question 10

I imagine a compass for this one, the small hand with the arrow moves clockwise by 2 compass points with each square so it starts SW, then NW, then NE then SE in the missing square. The big hand with the black dot moves anti-clockwise by 3 compass points with each square so it starts S then NE, then W then SE in the missing square so it's D with them both pointing the same way.

GL test 7, section 6, question 7

In shapes A, B, C and E the order of the shapes is square, hexagon, circle in a clockwise direction, in shape D it is square, circle, hexagon in a clockwise direction so D is the odd one out.

Hope that helps.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Everything is crystal clear, now!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to help! :D :D
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

You're welcome :D DD has finished all her NVR exams now and I love NVR, so any excuse to have another look at the papers and I'm there :lol: Very sad I know :oops:
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

lemondrop wrote: I love NVR, so any excuse to have another look at the papers :lol:
DS just sat his last 11+ exam yesterday, and I can't just believe the relief!! :shock: I have no idea if he messed the whole thing up or not :? , but it will feel very strange not to be 11+ orientated any more! Though we still have the January exams for indies to look for to, so we still have a lot of papes to cover. But in February, that'll be sooooo strange! We'll have to feel up his week with many sport activities! :wink: