Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:11 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:30 pm 

Hi there :)

Does anyone know why the answer for section 4, question 8 is b?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:47 pm 

I think, that by elimination, the number of white circles does not increase within each row, nor do they rotate around the inside of the square. So that leaves b and d. The number of black filled squares does not increase and always stays in the left hand corner, so that leaves b
I think.
But I am not an expert
:)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:59 pm 

KhadijahA-R wrote:
I think, that by elimination, the number of white circles does not increase within each row, nor do they rotate around the inside of the square. So that leaves b and d. The number of black filled squares does not increase and always stays in the left hand corner, so that leaves b
I think.
But I am not an expert

Ah, I think I see what you mean about the circles. I think we just follow the rule for the circles of each row. So the middle row always has two circles on the right-hand side of the box which by elimination leaves b and e. And the number of blue squares is no more than one per box if it does appear. Thank you so much! :D

I hate these type of question that appear on occasion and I am just left very confused, unable to figure out an explanation for them. :lol: I don't see why it is so difficult for some publishers to add explanations to their answers!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:04 pm 

Rainbow Petals wrote:
KhadijahA-R wrote:
I think.
But I am not an expert

Ah, I think I see what you mean about the circles. I think we just follow the rule for the circles of each row. So the middle row always has two circles on the right-hand side of the box which by elimination leaves b and e. And the number of blue squares is no more than one per box if it does appear. Thank you so much! :D

I hate these type of question that appear on occasion and I am just left very confused, unable to figure out an explanation for them. :lol: I don't see why it is so difficult for some publishers to add explanations to their answers!

Yeah, sorry meant b and e are left. I see it is a blue filled square, I have the lights turned low so just thought it was black filled.
I hate it too when publishers don't include explanations. I like the lazy approach :lol: