IPS Sample NVR Test paper Matrices Section A no. 4

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

catwoman

IPS Sample NVR Test paper Matrices Section A no. 4

Post by catwoman »

Please help

With this question my Ds marked c and i can see why because he was looking at the angle of the pentagons (diagonal) before he looks at the content of the pentagons (blocked around the edges and shaded) but the answer is b because b looks at the content before the angle and positioning of the pentagons.

So would this always be the case in NVR to look at the content of the shapes before the positioning?

If this is the case later on with number 9 the answer is d which suggests that they have looked at the outside shape of the square before looking at the content which is the diamond, here we look at the outer before we look at the inner is this always the case with small shapes that are in the bigger shapes?

I hope i've explained myself well !
Okanagan

Re: IPS Sample NVR Test paper Matrices Section A no. 4

Post by Okanagan »

Assuming that you're looking at the same sample I have....
For number 4:
The top letter "R" - what is the same about these two is that the shapes are shaded - so by implication "S" is not shaded.
The bottom letter has to relate to the positioning as it cannot be the outlining since two of those are the same but the letters are all different.
So R for the shading and W for the positioning = option B

You need to look for the what is consistent between two shapes with the same code (as per deriving the top letter) or what is inconsistent (as per the bottom letter) if they are all different.

For number 9:
The top row has a choice of M and N - the consistent factor being the outer shape of triangle for N and square for M
The bottom row are all different so can't relate to the solid or dashed line of the outer shape, but must be the inner shape.
So you want M for the square, and C for the diamond - so option D
catwoman

Re: IPS Sample NVR Test paper Matrices Section A no. 4

Post by catwoman »

Thanks Okanagan it always sounds simple the way you put it :oops:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now