Series, last two missing

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wildwest

Series, last two missing

Post by wildwest »

Has anyone come across materials in NVR where, instead of 1 shape missing from the series, there are 2 shapes missing and DCs have two identify, from the mcqs, both the shapes?
Yamin151

Re: Series, last two missing

Post by Yamin151 »

Yes, I would be looking for either a series (how one changes to two changes to three etc) and continue, or if they are in pairs, compare how each one of a pair relates to its partner, then look a the next pair and so on, then consider the ones you have. Does that help at all???
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=low71JWg__A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This isn't nevessarily the one you want, but there are a lot of types in these vids and one of them may be yours
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

Thanks Yasmin

Somehow dd does NVR reasonably well but I'm not sure what logic or method she uses. I know that the advice is to follow SPANSS but I don't think she does it systematically that way. But because she gets them right and almost in the time given ( not always) I am not worrying.

I wonder whether following the SPANSS might make her quicker???
ptolemy

Post by ptolemy »

I wouldn't worry if she gets them right.
DD was the same last year, consistently scored more than 90% in all her papers. She just got them! When I explained and asked her to use the SPANSS, she actually slowed down.
Of course every child is different. See whether it works for you. I would ask her to mark the ones that she cannot get immediately and come back to them using the SPANSS.
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

My thoughts exactly Ptolemy
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

In the youtube clip by Yamin151 how do they get that answer? What I mean is there appear to be numerous possibilities...lines that are apart (a) lines in different directions (c), am I being daft!!