Feel like I've made a terrible mistake

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Automaton

Re: Feel like I've made a terrible mistake

Post by Automaton »

Oh, Doodles, that's heartbreaking!

Well, the first test is over. Apparently VR was fine but NVR was a pig. He still thinks he might have done ok though.

One thing I'm cross about - we've been practicing using a digital watch with a stop watch, alarm deactivated. He walked in with it in his hand and it was taken off him. He tried to protest by saying that they were only told not to take in watches that beeped, but the invigilator wouldn't be moved. I don't know what anyone else thinks, but my view is that if we're not told that this is a violation, then the invigilator was in the wrong. Hopefully it won't come to appeal, but I'm thinking of writing the letter just in case.

Right, a night off and then back to the last remaining GL paper for the final test on Friday.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Are you sitting inYorkshire, Automaton?
Automaton

Post by Automaton »

I've just seen your post in the Regions forum. Yes, looks like we're in the same area. Hope everything went ok today :)
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I understand from the mum in question that things went well today, thank you Automaton.

I shall be taking up guardian duties again on Friday.

Good luck to you and yours for Friday :D
relaxedMum77

Post by relaxedMum77 »

ok...now i'm worried!! :shock: Someone had mentioned Bond books to me just before the summer...so that's what i bought for my DS!! Was that a big mistake??... Surely though, as my DS did a few Bond tests just to get familiar with the question format...isn't non-verbal, non-verbal, regardless of what question they are being asked??? :?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

If you are able to use papers from the publishers that produces the materials for your exams then those are the best ones to do. However anything type of prep is better than no prep at all which is what many parents seem to have been told. DG