Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:35 am 
Help! Can anyone explain the answer to q26 in paper 1.

The answer is e but I just can't work out why.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:42 am 
This book has only been recently published and I find if I buy the first run of any of these books there is at least one mistake. I think this is it.
I personally think the right answer is C. My rationale is that the central column flips (which doesn't affect the second shape), the semi-circle remains the same and the blank goes dotty while the dotty goes blank.
When I encountered this with a pupil, I was honest. I said, 'I haven't a clue. Don't worry about it.@
Some of the Bond non-verbal is so obscure, it is positively detrimental to your end aim--making them competent and quick at spotting patterns. Even some of the NFER non-verbal practice papers are at a level of sophistication which I am fairly certain are not reflected by the real papers sat at 11 plus. In fact, I warn my students that the real thing could be easier just in case they waste precious time looking for a 'catch' that just isn't there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:56 pm 
Thanks for this! I know in the big scheme of things not being to work out one example isn't that important - but it was really annoying me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:47 pm 
My son gave c as the answer when he did this paper. If I remember correctly it was not the only question we could not make sense of in that book so it could just be first edition problems. I was not too worried as his schools papers are NFER and I hop that they are more straightforward