Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:09 pm 

This is a bit of an odd request, as those who know me know that my time for 11+ has been and gone.

How ever a few months ago my mum picked up an old NVR book and started looking at them. She was always a bit curious about the tests DD had done.

Then she started doing some. For pleasure. :lol: She liked them. She wanted more. :shock: I think it's because it's a type of puzzle she can do and do well. (She is functionally illiterate for various reasons.) I have given most of mine away.

So looking for suitable books with more of the same/similar. Not necessarily for 11+. Has anyone come across anything that they then discounted for 11+ as not being quite suitable, but would fit the bill in this case? Otherwise I'll buy her some bond books :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:00 pm 

Can't help you but if you find one might be inclined to purchase myself, understand your mother's fascination totally :lol: . They are my fav bit of 11+ practice and much to my chagrin the eldest DSs didn't have to do any and the younger two don't need my help :( . That said have just purchased Bond 11+,12+ and am sure at the end of all this, last year for me finally and most definitely this time, there'll be some left for me to do solo :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:25 pm 

Can't help any I'm afraid, but I'm another who loves doing them and ohhhhhhh the satisfaction, especially the hard ones :D

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:36 pm 

My son who is just 8 loves doing them too. If anyone has come across a book then I would also like know about it.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:30 pm 

How about the Thinkfun puzzles? Lots of NVR in their little games.