Help with cubes

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
QUEENMA

Help with cubes

Post by QUEENMA »

Hi all
Iam home tutoring and terrible at cubes ! so struggling to explain too ! Please can I get help - are there techniques and tricks I could use or is it plain visualisation ? Are there resources that we can use to help solve the cube problems ?

Queenma
PettswoodFiona

Re: Help with cubes

Post by PettswoodFiona »

This was DDs bugbear, fortunately it is only a small part of the test. It is about trying to see it folded or unfolded and discounting or ruling in edges that you can see are touching each other or could touch each other. Not a tip about the cubes themselves per-se but careful about the question. The examples we found and practised on were all about what would match and in the real test it was wouldn't match (or other way round I can't remember exactly only that it was the opposite of what she was used to) which DD spotted but seemed that some of her friends just went with what they knew and struggled with those as a result.
QUEENMA

Post by QUEENMA »

Thank you PettswoodFiona ! any advice is valuable !
punkeson

Post by punkeson »

Hello! We are also struggling with this question type! We can answer some but not others. Would be grateful for any strategies anyone has for answering these questions! :shock:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now