Help: Bond NVR 10 minutes tests 11-12 years

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

fm - so are you saying you find AFN this most difficult or the Bond Test papers are the most difficult?

Alison
fm

Post by fm »

Well, actually, I personally don't find any of them difficult (joke). However, generally the children find AFN easier than NFER which seem easier than Bond Test Papers (as opposed to Bond Assessment Paper books).
So I tend to do the Bond Test Papers (which are probably the hardest) before I culminate in doing the NFER papers (which are relatively easier apart from NFERA). I have a theory that NFER are taking a similar approach in that their hardest is first and makes everyone raise their level sufficiently to cope well with B, C and D.

To JaysDarlin

I think it is important to realise that children are variable human beings and one bad test (as opposed to a trend of poor scores) should not be taken too seriously. Last year I had a pupil who scored 70/85 in NFER VR Test B a week before the exam which is hardly great but the same girl went on to score 44/45 in the real thing.

By rocket I mean what is on the cover of these A4 size tests. I am trying to distinguish between these and the Bond books which do include a lot of not NFER work although I always begin by using these.

The only thing you may want to do, if you haven't done it yet, is a few anagrams. There are none on most practice tests yet our NFER-based test always has them. Again, however, this may not apply to your area.
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

Thanks for the reply FM.

Personally I do find the Bond Test papers hardest myself. :(

I'm a bit surprised that anagrams crop up in NVR as surely that goes against the principle of NON verbal reasoning as a child would have to have verbal knowledge to solve an anagram.

Alison
fm

Post by fm »

Sorry, wires crossed again. That comment was directed to JaysDarlin who explained she was also doing verbal reasoning papers.
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

:D
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

fm by 'rocket tests', do you mean these?

fm

Post by fm »

Certainly do.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now