Bond Non-Verbal Reasoning Papers

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Desperate Dan

Bond Non-Verbal Reasoning Papers

Post by Desperate Dan »

Our daughter will be sitting the Kent 11+ in September and has been practising using NFER test papers both at home and with her tutor. She has now worked through all of these and is doing very well.

I understood from everything I had read on this website that the Bond papers were a very good substitute for the NFER tests set in Kent so we moved onto these. DD seemed to find them of a similar standard/format etc but her tutor (experienced and reputable) has said that she thinks they are illogical, likely to confuse a child and does not want DD to use them for non-verbal practice.

Does anyone else share this opinion? I would be grateful for any comments you have as this has thrown me somewhat. :?
hopeful 4

Post by hopeful 4 »

you can get a lot of conflicting advice. If you dont do Bond papers as your tutor suggests, what other practice papers will you do? There are only 4 nfer nvr papers.
My dd passed the nvr round for her grammar this year and we did bond papers, athey papers nfer papers...
The grammar school we applied to use nfer papers. It is true that the question types are slightly different but I dont see how else you are supposed to practice
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now