Statement and school choices

Advice on Special Needs and the 11 Plus Exams

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nicemum

Statement and school choices

Post by nicemum »

The school is in the process of applying for a statement for my DS currently in YR4. If we name a grammar school (Chislehurst and Sidcup in Bexley) on his statement, is the LEA going to accept that. His results at the moment are Maths 4b, Literacy 2b, and Reading 3c. I am considering tutoring him 1 to1 for 2hrs per week for the 11+ exams or to address his literacy needs. He is an able child, but his concentration and fine motor skills problems are affecting his school performance. Am I doing the right thing or am I just pushing him too hard, would he be better off in a non selective school – Ravenswood/Ravensbourne in Bromley – their reputation not too good so I was told and have observed. Am I right in saying that he would still need to pass the selective school exams for Chis and Sid grammar even if mentioned on his statement. Distance wise thought the ravens schools are near but transportation wise , he could get 1 bus from Bickley straight to sidcup close to the chid and sid school.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

When I was a SENCo the child had to qualify to take a GS place so it would be wise to have two schools named ...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now