Need to change schools

Advice on Special Needs and the 11 Plus Exams

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: Need to change schools

Post by scary mum »

If you are in South Bucks you should at least have a choice of other grammar schools. I have pm'd you as well.
scary mum
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Clare,

I can only begin to imagine how you must be feeling and the confusion to your poor son must be devastating. Hopefully the police will be treating it all with a bit more seriousness and the school will be able to learn from this - do they have a bullying policy and are they following it? It certainly sounds like a minority of boys could be reminded of the need for tolerance and respect for others. Although I understand the suggestion about home schooling, I hope that you can find alternative provision soon for your son as I suspect the longer he is out of education the harder it will be for him to get back into it (understandably) and he is obviously a bright boy who needs to be stimulated. It would be worth approaching private schools as well - for a bright child with unique needs they may be able to offer you a smaller environment with financial support? I do wish you all the very best.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Oh Clare this is ghastly. Keep your poor son out of school for now. I think maybe the Police ought to be involved if there is incitement to suicide. If the school isn't interested then he is better out of there but I suggest you write to the Chair of Governors detailing what you have said on here and more.

I presume you have contacted autism charities? What about a charity (I presume there must be one) for teenagers with se xuality issues too - if he is bisexual I think they can support him with coming out and dealing with bullying arising out of that. Schools are usually very hot on homophobic bullying so I am shocked they won't help.

I can also sympathise as we have had bullying issues aplenty here over the years. There is no worse feeling than sending your child into a situation where they will be unhappy and you can't protect them. Sending hugs. Hang in there x
TLC11

Post by TLC11 »

Hi Clare,
I am a bit late discovering this thread, apologies for that. I hope that as time has moved on you and your son are in a better position. I am utterly horrified that a child could be treated like this. You poor thing and your poor little boy.
This thread is particularly interesting to me as my little boy also has SEN (Adhd and dyslexia). He struggles with friendships and I feel he gets picked on alot by the other boys due to his vulnerability. I have been starting to look at secondary schools for DS that are going to be able to support his SEN children adequately. I too live in South Bucks so my DS could possibly end up in this school!
I am going to send you a PM too. I'm interested as to how this has worked out for you and your little boy.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now